Sunday, September 19, 2010

Thrift Stores


So on Friday my roommate and I decided to finally visit Port Jefferson. Port Jeff is only a few miles away from Stony Brook University and the S60 bus is actually located inside of campus. The trip over was relatively short but let me tell you Port Jeff was beautiful <3>And hidden between a row of small boutiques and restaraunts was a little shop. It was a thrift store and they sold preowned and new items. They had everything from clothes (although their selection wasn't so great), wallets, bags, shoes, trinquets, wind chimes (just about every store was selling wind chimes), and more importantly (and what I will be discussing is) jewelry.

I am a pretty stereotypical girl in the fact that I love things that are shiny >.< >I bought these cute silver earrings with a sun/flower like design on top and a teardrop with a pink gemstone on the bottom and two silver gemstones sitting on top of the pink one at the bottom of the teardrop.

I also bought these butterfly filigree earrings. They're so light and I've always wanted butterfly earrings, they're like one of the few bugs that creep me out. It has black wiring with silver plastic rhinestones. **********************************************************************
Fashion Tip for Accessories for the Big, Bold and Beautiful:
If you have a large bust opt for a short necklace that stops above your breasts.
A large bag, it'll slime you down in proportion.
Get a long cardigan the narrow fold will allow you to appear much thinner
If you're tall as well, wear a maxi dress that'll cover up your flaws

Fashion Tip in General:
If you have a large roundish face try large chunky earrings to slim it down
Thin faces should have slim hoops and sized medium to small
Look less gaudy by using only 2-3 types of jewelry (ring,necklace,bracelet, earrings), don't go crazy or you'll actually look pretty crazy.

Fashion Tip for the Petite:
Opt for thin or studded jewelry because large chunky hoops will probably over power your face Get a cropped jacket that stops at your waist and preferably at 3/4 sleeves , it'll make you look longer and thinner
Get a coat that stops at the hips any further like towards the knees and you'll look even shorter. Sorry but no long trench coat :( *********************************************************************

And finally i got this lovely fo-pearl necklace <3>Just before we left I got my roommate to buy a medium bag with a flower print for $.
mwahaha making people spend $ my favorite past time.

That's all for my thrift store adventure, they'll definitely be seeing me again :D

No comments:

Post a Comment