Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Stress Out, Break Out


College.... so much stressssss! I have midterms all next to one another, papers to do and a neck which feels like being hung but that would be a waste of tuition money >_>

Unfortunately, my skin type is: you stress out and then you break out. So my skin is going crazy and it's pretty disgusting. So in order to help deal with it I bought a product that has been very much raved about: Queen Helene Mint Julep Masque.

General Information:
My skin type: combination (oily T-zone, dry everything else)
Buy it at: Ulta, Sally's Beauty Supply, Walgreens, (if you're lucky) Rite Aid
Price: $4 or less for 8oz.
Ingredients:
water, kaolin, bentonite, glycerin, zinc, oxide, propylene glycol, sulfur, chromium oxide greens, fragrance, phenoxyethanol, methylparaban
NOTE: this is not a natural product

Product Claim:
Helps dry up acne pimples, rinse away blackheads and shrink enlarged pores

How to Use:
cleanse face, apply masque generously, allow to dry for 15 minutes, remove with warm water and washcloth

I wanted to get this product so badly since gurus kept talking about it. However, I couldn't find it at Walgreens and I thought I would be out of luck. Luckily there's an Ulta near SBU and I finally got to pick up the product.

Now here's the generalized rules for skin care:
Cleanse and tone daily (morning and or night)
facial scrub every 2-3 days
masque once a week
moisturize daily

I would've given this a product review sooner but since you should only use a mask once a week i decided to give it at least a month for trial period.

*Whenever I wear the mask I start singing songs from Wicked lol
Product Review:
Definitely smells like mint toothpaste and looks like it when it comes out of the tube (squeeze, no pump), which isn't a bad thing. It's very cooling to the touch and it is very thick and creamy, easily spreadable. When you put it on, it kind of feels like your face is being stung or on fire. Yeah that sounds pretty scary but you get used to it because of the results you get. Spread it all over your face or do spot treatment on pimples or large pores.

After spreading it to your entire face you should wait 15 mins plus to dry. It take me about half a hour for it to completely dry. You can tell it's dry when the green paste becomes an off white green color and you'll find it kind of hurts to smile with the mask on because your skin has dramatically tightened. Once this has occur go wash it off with warm water (opens pores while cold water closes them) and a washcloth.

My experience with the product is:
-it does shrink pimples and gets them out within 2-3 days after using the mask
-temporarily shrink pores since it tightens your face
-does not get rid of blackheads

I like this product even though it doesn't shrink pores or gets rid of blackheads (or at least all of it) it gets rid of your zits quickly. Other products like Clean and Clear, Neutrogena, Oxy and St. Ives don't do anything for me anymore. So this is a great buy and it's cheap. You should definitely try this product out even if your skin is acne free, this mask will give a nice facial treatment to tighten the skin and leave a refreshing sensation without feeling drying.

No comments:

Post a Comment