Saturday, February 20, 2010

After Valentines


I think I meant it when I said goodbye.
I don't think it would be right if we kept going the way we've been going.
I think it's rather unhealthy. And I think it's about time we both let go and embrace the future. Even if that means we go on alone. You deserve this. I deserve this. There's no use denying who we are. That it's not the same as before. And that it'll never be the same. From this point on, I think we should keep the memories. Only as memories and walk forward as two separate beings.
I do not wish to hear those words from you anymore. You mean well, but you have no idea how much each words fall like snow. It's beautiful and comforting at first but then it build up and soon it becomes entrapped like crystal, cold like stone and leaving nothing but a lonely and unwanted feeling. There is no use denying something that does not exist, simply because it bears no attachment to you. But to me, you who means the world, I must shatter and break free of. You couldn't possibly know of the strength that your words carry. That they choke me, suppress me, and all the same, make me completely dependent on your existence.
Without you, I have nowhere to stand. With you, I have nowhere to grow.
Without me, you'll have no one who feels in such a way. With me, we'll only suffer together.

It is a risk in itself. It can be a wonderful experience full of its ups and down. But without it tragedy is soon to follow.

listening to: Do you have a little time by Dido

No comments:

Post a Comment